What a great book! This book had me hooked from the very beginning, I didn't want to put it down. I would stay up for hours reading at night and then I would have to make myself put it down and go to bed.This book is about the Fitzgerald family that has 3 children, Jesse, Kate and Anna. Their oldest, daughter, Kate, was diagnosed with a rare form of leukemia at the age of 2. Jesse was not a donor match and therefore they had a third child by growing her in a petri dish to be an exact match for Kate. They hoped that the cord blood they could give to Kate from Anna would cure her, however, it doesn't. Therefore they continue to use Anna for other procedures to try to cure her older sister. At the age of 13 Anna finally has enough of being poked and prodded and chooses to file a law suit against her parents for the right's to her own body. There is a lot more to this book, and it is fabulous!
I thoroughly enjoyed this book and would definitely recommend it to someone looking for an easy read. It is a tear-jerker, so get the tissue box out while you read. I bet if you start it you won't want to put it down either!

No comments:
Post a Comment