Monday, May 25, 2009

Memorial Weekend Visit

We decided to take a quick trip down to Thomasville for Memorial Weekend. We had a good time. I feel like we really didn't get to see everyone, or spend a lot of time with everyone. I always feel so rushed on these short weekend trips.
We left Clayton around 4:45 pm on Friday evening and headed down. We decided to stop in Gainesville to exchange my Mp3 player that was no longer working and while in Gainesville we decided to stop at the IHOP, yummy! God blessed us during this dinner...the gentleman that was sitting in the booth behind us paid for our dinner without us even knowing it! We were so surprised and felt so blessed. We prayed for him, that the Lord would bless him and let him know of our thanks. After dinner we traveled on to Coolidge and got there right around midnight!!
On Saturday, Michael rode with his brother, Matthew, in his police car for most of the morning. He had a really good time. I know Michael misses Matthew and the time they spend together is cherished! I was lazy and took a nap with Andrew while he was gone, Carrie hung out with KK!
Saturday evening we went out to my dad's house for a fish fry and it was delicious!!
Sunday Michael and I sang at Coolidge Baptist Church, I always enjoy getting to sing with him! It was fun and then we went over to Grandma's for lunch and it was great, as usual. I still miss Grandma's lunches!!!
Sunday evening I took the kids late to Newark, but I got to see a lot of people I still miss. I got lots of hugs that night!! :) I love hugs! It is nice to know that people still remember me!
Then we went out to eat with our friends from church, that was fun! I miss getting to do that each Sunday night!
We left Barberitos and went to my dad's house for the evening. We stayed up talking to dad and Linda until after midnight. That was fun! Then on Monday morning we played outside with dad and Linda. Carrie, Andrew, Michael and grandaddy went fishing for a bit, they didn't catch too much then they came back to the house and rode the mule for a while. I had a good visit with them! We left there for lunch at Matthew and Christina's, it was very good. I was still full from breakfast, but couldn't pass up the yummy dessert she had made! After lunch we headed off to Clayton!!
I took no pictures while home, can you believe it? I wish I had taken some, but I just never thought about it! It was a good weekend. I'm sure I've made you bored, if anyone even reads this thing!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment