Sunday, December 4, 2011

Our Christmas Tree 2011

We were finally able to put our tree up this weekend! With basketball season in full swing our lives revolve around when there is practice and games. Michael didn't have to be anywhere until Saturday afternoon so we went and picked out a tree Saturday and decorated it on Sunday afternoon. I wasn't really in the mood to decorate for Christmas, but once we got everything out I felt better!
Carrie was really into decorating the tree this year. She wanted to know the stories behind ornaments and I enjoyed telling her about the different ornaments. We have so many ornaments, and most of them have a story behind them. One tradition Michael and I began when we were dating was getting each other an ornament each Christmas that represented something that happened during the year and we do that with our kids as well. We have accumulated a lot of ornaments over the years! Some of my favorite ornaments are ones that we got when we got married. I also love remembering why I gave the kids certain ornaments, brings back memories!
I do love this time of year...I love the meaning of Christmas and spending time with family!
  

Andrew hanging ornaments

Carrie

Our beautiful tree

My sweet babies in front of our tree

Love these two!

No comments:

Post a Comment