recently finished "Ruby Among Us" by Tina Ann Forkner, it was an easy read and one that I enjoyed. This book is about a girl, Lucy, who lost her mother at a very early age and is raised by her Grandmother, Kitty. Her grandmother has sheltered Lucy all of her life and at 19 and a senior in college she begins to question things. Lucy didn't know her father or her grandfather and wants to learn more about them and their backgrounds. Lucy goes through lots of trials to find the answers she is looking for. Lots of secrets are eventually revealed! Her main goal in asking her questions is to remember her mother, she is so upset and hurt that she can't remember the past. As she asks questions she begins to remember more and more about her mother and others. It is a heart-warming book.To me this book is about remembering the past but also about celebrating the future, if that even makes sense! We are who we are today because of our past...and we need to remember the lessons that we have been taught to help us in the future. If you are looking for something easy to read this would be a good one to read.

think I will try to find this book and read it:)
ReplyDeleteIt's good, have you read "And the Shofar Blew" it's by far one of the best books I've ever read, it's wonderful! You need to read that one too!
ReplyDeleteNo I haven't read that one either. I will check into that one also. I did find the other book you mentioned so I will be starting it soon:)
ReplyDelete