Wednesday, October 21, 2009

What a weekend!!!

This is going to be a weekend to remember for years to come!!! It all started on Friday morning when Christina, my sister-in-law, began having contractions and we all were hoping labor would begin very soon!! I decided to head to south Georgia in the hopes that baby Colt would be born this weekend. I arrived in Coolidge around 10:45 and as soon as I walked in the door Mr. Mike told me that her water had broke...I was thrilled I had come on down to meet my new baby nephew sometime in the next 24 hours!

Saturday we headed to the hospital around 10 am (I really had thought the night before he would be born before I awoke the next morning) to wait for baby Colt's arrival. A few hours later, around 2:00 pm the doctor's decided a C-section was necessary. So at 2:09 pm Colt Matthew Keown arrived on this earth weighing 7 lbs 11 oz and 21 in. long. He's a cutie and his cousins were there to see him as he came out of the OR..I'm glad I brought them home for that!

On Sunday we were able to attend homecoming at First Newark Baptist Church, what a great bunch of folks! It was a wonderful service...the music was excellent, the preaching was great and the food was awesome! Newark will always feel like home to me! During lunch Andrew was not feeling good, but I just thought his allergies were getting to him, he was running a low grade 99.6 temp, so I didn't think anything about it! I was planning on heading north Sunday afternoon but I was too exhausted because of the lack of sleep Friday night (waiting on the baby) and Saturday night (Andrew didn't sleep), so I was going to take a nap and then leave after we woke up...well Andrew began getting sick. That evening he required a breathing treatment but perked right up...no worries on my end! So I decided to wait until Monday morning to leave.

Monday morning we awoke and he was definitely not feeling well...he was just laying around (which is NOT normal behavior for him). I called the doctor after much debate but I wanted to make sure it was not the flu, since we had all been around the baby. I'm so thankful that I called the doc, they got us in at 10:00 am. We showed up at doc office and Dr. Cooper immediately gave him a breathing treatment and then started fluids. About 30 minutes after fluids and a breathing treatment she came in and gave me a diagnosis...Pnemonia! So she gave me a choice...A. you can take him home push fluids, give him antibiotics and steriods and breathing treatments every 3-4 hours or B. you can take him to the hospital. I asked her what she would do if it were her Andrew (her son is also Andrew) and she said she'd take him to the hospital...so that's what we did! We were being admitted into the hospital as Baby Colt and Christina were being discharged!

We spent Monday afternoon, Monday night and all day Tuesday in the hospital. And Tuesday was Andrew's 3rd birthday...not the place you want to spend you birthday!!! He did get several birthday presents brought to the hospital for him that day..which he enjoyed and is still enjoying! By Tuesday mid-morning Andrew was feeling much better and he was ready to go, but we had to wait to see the doctor. She did release us that evening because we had a nebulizer to give breathing treatments with..now we are in Coolidge getting well. I have to do the breathing treatments with him every 4-6 hours and give him his antibiotics and steriods (which he HATES)..we see Dr. Cooper in the morning for a check up and hopefully he is good to go!

It is so hard seeing your baby being sick and not being able to make him feel better! I could feel the presence of the Lord with us and I know He was taking care of my baby!! It has been a very eventful weekend..one I won't forget!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment